Friday, October 31, 2008

Preparing for Neighborhood Event

My neighborhood here in Nashville, Stanford Village, holds events occasionally for all of the residents, and I'm part of the events committee. We recently had our Fall event which included having the children wear their Halloween costumes so they could then parade down our main street to show them off. We also held a chili cook-off and a pie contest as part of the festivities. I was tasked with creating several things this time around. First I created some ballots to be used for the chili cook-off and the pie contest we held as part of the event.


I was also in charge of creating the goodie bags for all of the kids who came dressed up for Halloween. I had a lot of fun making them by hand and selecting the different items to be included. I mostly included toys in these bags because I figured the kids would be loaded up with candy and sugar come Halloween night.

Each gift bag contained a big plastic straw, a piece of colorful sidewalk chalk, a small bottle of bubbles to blow, some stickers, a bouncey ball and a small bag of candy. I simply cut the tops off of standard brown paper sacks, made color copies of cute pumpkins and oversized candy corn, then pasted one of those printouts to the side of the bag.

No comments: